Topo Group Charter:
- Topo Group is an assembly of classmates who graduated from The
University of Roorkee (UOR) in November 1964. The initial membership was limited
to the students of Electrical and Telecommunications branches. There was a
common bond between Electrical and Telecommunications students mainly due to the
fact that most of the classes were common to both specialties including
Tutorials. Except for the final year of studies, it was hard to differentiate
between the two engineering disciplines.
- The membership was later opened to all graduates of University of Roorkee, class
of November 1964 as many of us had good friendships regardless of our branch.
- Topo is abbreviation for the word Topography which means " the art of showing in
detail a map or chart the physical features of a place or region ". In our
student days the map or chart was the complicated Geometric Drawings, Electro
Magnetic Theory or the Tutorial work that must be completed and submitted on
time. All this was done in a brotherly manner with very close cooperation. It
was due to this cooperation that all of us were able to clearly understand the
complexities of Electrical/TC engineering and graduated with flying colors. "
OH!!! Really!!'”. Some one may question the accuracy of this statement. But none
the less, we all became the member of the " Topo Group". Our definition of the
Topo Group is friend helping friend , staying in touch and have fun in the
- Topo Groups’s moto is “Topo Bina Na Kimapi Sadhyam”.
It means "nothing is possible without topoing".
- Topo Group is completely non legal entity and open to all to join who qualify as
defined in the article 1 and 2 of the charter." Class of November 64 - all
branches". The name TOPO GROUP was promoted by some members and the name
recognition caught on due to noble cause it represents.
- Joining the Topo Group is completely voluntary and there are no rules or
by-laws. However, there is a process to be followed to become a member.
Any one may join any time and leave any time at wish. You simply have to qualify
to join. Click here to
check the Membership Process.
- The Topo Group has no financial budget and no office bearers. All of the work
involved is by volunteering your time and earnest desire to stay in touch with
- EACH MEMBER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS/HER OWN ACTION(s)
- Topo Group is a fun group, let us keep it simple without any financial
involvement or any legal entity on part of anyone.
- This initial charter may be changed any time based on input from the members.
(Adopted from the original document created by Viren Goyal
in October 2002)